Step back in time at the new Small Luxury Hotel of the World, Cap Rocat in Mallorca, Spain
I recently visited the new SLH hotel, Cap Rocat last week. This boutique hotel offers a wonderful blend of history, stunning landscapes, a place to escape, fine food and the simple luxuries in life. You’ll certainly have a story to tell your friends and family when you come back from this truly magnificent hotel.
Here are five things to enjoy at Cap Rocat:
• The greatest appeal to me was the way this boutique hotel was transformed, whilst retaining the integrity of its architecture, its grounds and history. Cap Rocat was once a 19th century military fortress and every room has a story!
• Great location – the hotel is set on the beautiful private headland on the Bay of Palma de Mallorca, with direct access to the sea.
• There’s a wonderful range of rooms and suites to choose from. If you opt for one of the Cap Rocat Suites, these were once the former shooting pads and munitions store’s located on the cliff’s edge. You’ll also be welcomed by the stunning view of the Bay of Palma.
• There are plenty of things to do – from sailing, diving or waterskiing to taking a dip in their infinity pools, created using the old fortress walls. On dry land, take a bike ride and explore the unspoilt landscape or have a cooking lesson in the old fortress kitchen.
• There’s also a fine choice of restaurants and bars – the main restaurant serves local Mediterranean cuisine using the ingredients from local farms. If you’re looking for a more intimate setting, the staff can arrange a private dinner on the cliff top or a picnic on the cape.
They tell me that Cap Rocat opens in mid June 2010 and can be booked on slh.com. Let me know if you’ve planned a stay at this hotel….I look forward to hearing from you!